When I was a child, I would often stay at my grandmother's house over the summer. I loved my grandmother, and whenever I was in her home, I felt content and protected. My grandmother would dry lavender and place small bags of it in her linen drawers. At night I would go to sleep wrapped in the subtle sweet smell that lingered in the sheets. So it makes sense that as an adult whenever I smell lavender, it triggers a powerful memory of being in that house and feeling loved and peaceful.
That is an AROMA MEMORY that cannot be erased.
I own that memory.
However....for some people this is not the case. In fact, during World War 2, lavender oil was used to clean hospitals, so many people developed negative associations with the aroma.
Your sense of smell is unique because it is the act of smelling that evokes memory.
Try to imagine how an orange smells - you can't.
AROMA MEMORY is a technique that uses your sense of smell to actively create a memory/aroma/association that calms and soothes your mind and body.
"I have a big job interview tomorrow. I know I'm beyond qualified and on paper, there's no better person for the job...but I know that the moment I get inside that interview room, my anxiety will take over and overwhelm my chances to succeed."
Of course, sitting at home, you can comfortably imagine yourself being amazing and confident and crushing the interview.
Here's how AROMA MEMORY can help.
- SELECT AN ORGANIC MEMORY OIL (MyBrave is a good choice for this)
- ROLL the oil onto your bracelet.
- Follow the 2 min activation meditation (simple breathing steps that will help you to gently settle your mind and body while being exposed to the aroma)
- Put the bracelet and oil away.
- Right before your job interview begins, put on your bracelet and the exact oil you used during the activation meditation.
- Breathe in the aroma of the oil.
- Take a moment to reconnect to the aroma.
- That's all you need to do because your brain will now connect back to how you felt (your aroma memory) during the activation meditation.